Fitzgerald & Co., CPAs, P.C. (“FC”) is a professional CPA firm providing comprehensive accounting, auditing, tax, business valuation and business consulting services to businesses throughout the Washington, D.C. area. Due to the increasing business, we are in demand of the professional service of a Senior Auditor. This position has no supervisory duties; he/she will perform the following duties:
- Plan, execute, direct, and complete financial audits of varying size and complexity.
- Review and audit business transaction cycles, including cash, investments, capital expenditures, and other income and expenses.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting processes to record transactions to ensure compliance; recommend controls to ensure system reliability and integrity.
- Prepare audit documentation and audit testing, as well as compliance and advisory reporting for clients.
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues, acquire working knowledge of client’s business.
- Provide support to Supervisor as needed and requested.
- Proactively interact with client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
Required Skills and Qualities:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, Business Administration or related;
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ recent work experience as auditor at public accounting firm;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ProSystem fx Engagement;
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures;
- Understand Government Auditing Standards and OMB Uniform Guidance;
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
Apply to Fitzgerald & Co., CPAs, P.C., FC@FCOCPAS.COM